When it comes to practicing self-care, it can seem like a chore. Maybe even a task to leave for later. However, it's no secret that living a holistic lifestyle that connects the mind, body, and soul is a priority. Not a last-minute reserve. But what's the secret to accomplishing this not-so-secret?
Balancing skin care and exercise fitness can be a struggle, whether it be due to work, family, children, or more. However, these holistic practices can lead to the same result—natural, radiant skin.
Why Exercise Matters for Your Skin
It's hard to believe that the act of working out while your pores ooze dirt and oil can sweat out of your skin into a clear glowing complexion.
Engaging in consistent physical activity enhances our overall physical health and well-being. Whether it's a brisk half-hour walk on the treadmill or a weightlifting session, exercise can help you achieve the physical gains you want. However, it can do more than that; it can promote a clear complexion and radiant skin. So, let's talk about what science tells us about the correlation.
- Enhanced blood circulation: Without good blood circulation, your body's like a flower stuck underneath the soil with no way to grow and release from the dirt consuming it. The increase in blood circulation resulting from physical activity provides essential nourishment to skin cells, aiding in their cellular repair and replacement. This improved blood flow brings oxygen and other vital nutrients to the skin while effectively removing carbon dioxide and other waste products, preventing the accumulation of harmful toxins within the body.
- Stress reduction: Exercise might as well be a gatekeeper miracle with its ability to lessen your daily stress and, consequently, minimize breakouts. When stress occurs, the brain releases adrenaline and cortisol, increasing heart rate and blood flow to organs. By reducing stress and cortisol levels, exercise indirectly enhances the skin by alleviating inflammation and breakouts associated with chronic skin problems.
- Optimized oxygen flow: Another not-so-secret is oxygen is necessary to live. Exercise promotes the skin's ability to receive essential nutrients and oxygen evenly, improving texture, tone, and elasticity. Oxygen acts as a safeguard against toxins, maintains skin hydration, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and clears pores, ultimately contributing to a clearer complexion.
- Collagen production and youthful skin: Collagen is a holy grail ingredient in preserving youthful skin and preventing wrinkles. Exercise triggers collagen production by increasing blood flow to the skin. It also tightens loose skin by strengthening the muscles that provide support to facial contours.
- Increase in sweat: Sweating is beneficial for the skin's health. When we sweat, our pores open up, allowing toxins and impurities to be flushed out, effectively detoxifying the skin. Additionally, sweating helps control body temperature when exercising, which is vital for overall skin health. It is also a natural moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized. It prevents acne by unclogging out pores, leading to an even skin tone and smoother texture.
The Normalization of Home Workouts
Despite the trend starting before the pandemic, Covid-19 was the catalyst for making this adoption of home exercise fast. Due to advanced technologies, the demand for personalized exercise experiences at the convenience and flexibility of home has boomed. Almost 60% of individuals prefer working out at home because it is more affordable, accessible, and flexible to their schedules, according to a survey conducted by Goodfirms. Convenient for busy professionals or college students. And essential as, aligning with 85% of respondents, there is a relevant link between physical exercise and mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
With the normalization of at-home workouts, the future of fitness relies on adapting to digital platforms incorporating advanced technologies, such as wearable devices, to track fitness progress. This has introduced a more informed approach to fitness by seamlessly integrating exercise into busy lifestyles. So, you have the option to effectively work out from the comfort of your own home to achieve the fit physique you desire as well as fit skin.
Other Lifestyle Factors
No matter how hard you exercise, healthy, radiant skin comes from a combination of factors. Proper hydration plays a pivotal role in keeping the skin hydrated and radiant by replacing body fluids lost through sweating, exhaling, and eliminating waste. It’s as simple as replacing your energy drinks and sodas with pure water and flavored electrolytes. Along with hydration, a balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, such as a whole food, plant-based diet full of yummy vegetables, fruits, nuts, and more, nourishes the skin from within to promote its natural glow. Sufficient sleep is equally vital to both, with a goal of 7 to 9 hours per night to allow the skin to repair and regenerate overnight. Stress management also contributes significantly, as high stress levels can lead to skin issues like acne and premature aging. Stress support with an emphasis on good routines that makes your days flow better, can make a huge difference for your skin and overall health. Lastly, personalized skincare routines tailored to your skin type helps maintain skin health.
For a fresh, simple, and convenient skincare routine that gives quick, visible solutions, start off with the Insanely Clean Day ‘N’ Nite Face Wash. Your skin will eat up the Vitamin C and E, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and biotin found in it. After cleansing, simply spray your face with the Insanely Clean Instant Moisturizing Mist and let the aloe vera, pine mushroom, and more soak into your skin for a fresh feeling face. This routine is Insanely Clean for after your workout or other lifestyle activities for that skin in the game.